What a year it has been. The pandemic sure did alter our work here at Write Connections, but we took those emergency calls, stayed up late hours, and worked through weekends to help clients submit proposals. Our clients were creative and adaptive in their approach to provide healing and comfort for so many, all while facing relentless personal and work challenges. Our work paid off with a total of $8,189,136 awarded to Write Connections clients in the last 11 months!!
As the year comes to a close, it’s time to celebrate the hard work of our clients, their determination to meet the needs of the populations they serve, and to celebrate grant awards that are improving the lives of those most in need.
2020 GRANT AWARDS FOR WRITE CONNECTIONS CLIENTS WILL:
- Provide family-centered support services for at-risk children and families
- Provide food cupboard and food box programs to low-income families throughout western Pennsylvania
- Reduce the rate of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) in babies born to mothers living in Lawrence, Mercer, and Venango counties of Pennsylvania
- Provide tobacco cessation intervention services across a 10-county region of southwestern Pennsylvania
- Support effective evidence-based after-school programming for urban youth
- Enhance youth learning through a state-of-the-art Life Skills classroom
- Provide transportation support for veterans to access employment, job training, and physical/mental health appointments
- Support equine-assisted learning for those with Autism, PTSD, and emotional/behavioral challenges
- Support the staffing and fundraising efforts of a marine mammal care facility
- Provide a grassroots nonprofit with administrative staff support to assist with marketing and fundraising
We don’t know what 2021 will bring, but we are excited about new clients, new projects, and ultimately new grant funds that will help our nonprofit clients achieve their missions. We look forward to the new year and new opportunities!
NEW CLIENTS IN 2020: