During the past year, we have worked with our nonprofit clients to create a stronger community and address the challenges of communities throughout the northeastern United States. But it’s at this time of year at Write Connections that we have the opportunity to celebrate the work and progress we have made in the previous 12 months.
Grant awards this year for Write Connections clients will:
- Provide dating violence education to middle and high school students
- Support effective evidence-based after-school programming for urban youth
- Increase the number of uninsured/underinsured Pennsylvania women who are screened for breast and cervical cancer
- Support therapeutic recreation activities for youth with serious emotional disturbances
- Provide transportation support for veterans to access employment, job training, and physical/mental health appointments
- Enhance trauma-informed social services for youth of incarcerated parents
- Provide leadership training for community leaders to dismantle the challenges that are facing economically vulnerable communities.
- Establish a Youth Employment & Entrepreneurship experience that involves a youth-serving agency, an institution of higher education, and a business to create a student-led business and promote STEM careers and/or college pathways to STEM fields of study.
- Provide family-centered support services for at-risk children and families
- Provide teen pregnancy prevention programming
- Support equine-assisted learning for those with Autism, PTSD, and emotional/behavioral challenges
- Provide transportation for low-income seniors to access medical appointments, shopping, and social outings
- Provide a grassroots nonprofit with administrative staff support to assist with marketing and fundraising
But it’s also a time to look ahead at the work in front of us. The new year will bring with it new challenges and new opportunities, so please reach out and contact us if your nonprofit needs assistance